During the past few weeks, my team has been working on Uptred, a highly ambitious project that aims to give its users a set of tools that help them to manage and upload their videos from any of their devices to their favorite online providers. The first stage of this project finished last month with the releases of the first versions of Uptred Source and Uptred Shell on the Xamarin Component Store and on the Uptred website.
Uptred Shell is a portable multi-platform command line application that allows users to upload their videos to Vimeo and YouTube by running a simple command from their terminals. Uptred Shell can be integrated into the existing video distribution pipelines to automate the upload process for studios producing a high volume of videos.
Uptred Source is a package containing all the source codes for the backend tools as well as the client side applications and code samples and the SDK that allows C# developers to authorize, manage and upload their videos to Vimeo and YouTube. This SDK works on Windows through .NET, and also on the iOS, Android, OS X and Linux through Xamarin and Mono runtime libraries.
Uptred Source is currently the most complete C# based SDK that works with the Vimeo Advanced API and is fully compatible with Xamarin and Mono. One of the main advantages of Uptred Source is that as Xamarin and Mono currently have many incompatibilities with .NET and issues with certain modules of the .NET framework such as JSON Serializers and HTTP Web Requests, custom implementations of such functionalities have been included in the SDK to ensure that the SDK works perfect and as robust as possible, regardless of the platform. Moreover, The VimeoHook class of Uptred Source implements more than a hundred methods that each correspond to an endpoint on Vimeo API. These methods, together with our resumable upload framework provide developers the easiest and most powerful C# based SDK for accessing Vimeo. The same resumable upload framework also works as well for YouTube and we plan to add more providers in the future.
Uptred Queue for Desktop
We are also releasing a public beta of Uptred Queue for Desktop, which is basicallythe must-have video uploader for Vimeo and YouTube users who work on Windows. Built on top of the robust framework of Uptred Source, Uptred Queue for Desktop currently includes the following features:
- Resumable uploads for Vimeo and YouTube.
- Ability to set basic video metadata such as Title, Description and Tags.
- Ability to set Vimeo specific metadata including Privacy settings, Passwords, Review links, Download links, Comments privacy, and allowing others to add the video to collections.
- Ability to set YouTube specific metadata including Privacy settings and Category.
- Watch folders for automatic uploads. Multiple watch folders can be defined, each with their own upload policy and providers.
- Upload Scheduler, which allows uploads to be paused and limited to only a specific timespan during the day.
- Integration with Windows Explorer’s ‘Send To’ menu, allowing videos to be uploaded quickly by right clicking on them and choosing Uptred from the Send To menu.
- Integration into the command prompt: Uploads can be queued from the command line by typing
Uptred add "path_to_file". Option for automatically starting Uptred Queue on system startup. These main features will make Uptred Queue for Desktop, the most powerful desktop uploader for Vimeo and YouTube. For a limited time you can download Uptred Queue for Desktop Beta for free via this link! Use it and let us know how you feel about it!
Download Uptred Queue for Desktop